Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Metro Weddings Magazine; Stage Presence


My first exposure to musical theater was when I was somewhere between 7 or 8 years old. Actually, it's not really musical theater, but the movie Annie. I think that was the first time I cried watching a movie. Since then, I've been inlove with musicals, and I've been watching classical movies from then on (My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, etc etc etc). Years after that, I find myself falling in-love with theater and auditioning for stage-plays, but never really getting anywhere, hahaha (long story). Yet the warm, fuzzy feeling I get while watching musicals remained. Needless to say, this editorial is very near and dear to my heart. Here's my interpretation of theatrical plays and musicals translated as a bridal editorial.

"The Phantom of the Opera"
Headpiece, ALZANO. Gown, Jor-El Espina. Engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds

"South Pacific"
Gown, Albert Andrada. Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds.
Bouquet of eucalyptus leaves, Dave Sandoval.

"Madame Butterfly"
Kimono gown, June Samson Pugat. Headpiece and butterfly bouquet, Christopher Munar.
Earrings, De Novo Diamonds

"Phantom of the Opera"
Headpiece, ALZANO. Gown, Jor-El Espina. Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds

"The Sound of Music"
Gown, Harvic Dominguez. Earrings, Christopher Munar. Head wreath, Dave Sandoval.
Paper bouquet, ALZANO by  Michelle Stephann Jingco

"The Producers"
Gown, Cherry Veric. Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds

"Miss Saigon"
Dress, Harvic Dominguez. Earrings, Christopher Munar. Eucalyptus bouquet, Dave Sandoval.
Engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds

"My Fair Lady"
Dress, Ryan Madamba. Bouquet, Dave Sandoval. Knuckle gloves, N+Studio.
Earrings and pinky ring, De Novo Diamonds

"West-Side Story"
Dress, Jor-El Espina. Earrings, Christopher Munar. Engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds.

"The King and I"
Dress, Ryan Madamba. Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds.

"Swan Lake"
Gown, Mark Tamayo. Headpiece, Sheldon and Tessa Napa. Bouquet, Dave Sandoval.
Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds.

"Chicago"
Dress; Roel Rosal. Headpiece, Sheldon and Tessa Napa. Earrings and engagement ring, De Novo Diamonds.

"Chicago"
Bouquet, Dave Sandoval. Earring and ring, De Novo Diamonds.

I'm so blessed to be able to have the kind of relationship I have with the people involved in this editorial. I am forever grateful to Ana Lloren of Metro Weddings Magazine for being the first one to tap me to do two editorials for them three years ago and for continually trusting me to be a part of this magazine. Also to Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro for always thinking of me. TO MORE EDITORIALS!!! CHEERS!!! *clink*


STAGE PRESENCE; a Metro Weddings Magazine Editorial

Creative director and styling, Nio Manzano
Assisted by Mark Daniel Gomez and John Sherwynn Chan
Photography, Melson Bolongaita
Assisted by Gideon Estella and Iko Salas
Sittings Editors, Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro and Jocelle Bodestyne 
Hair and Makeup, Lourd Ramos
Assisted by Marco Galangue and Maru Rodriguez of Creations Salon (Cedar)
Model, Hye Won Jang (PMAP)
Shot on location at Newport Performing Arts Theater, Resorts World Manila
Special thanks to Ms. Nancy Gillaco of Resorts World Manila and Ms. Euri Varen of De Novo Diamonds.

Deo Gratias. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment