Sunday, May 3, 2015

Chalk Magazine; The Music Issue, May 2015

Nadine Lustre on the cover of Chalk Magazine May 2015
I always feel giddy when magazine editors or my mentor (Noel Manapat) calls or sends me a message. It usually means I'd be styling for either a runway show or an editorial. Last March 10, I got an FB message from Chalk Magazines' beauty editor Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro to style for her music-themed editorial. I am yet to say NO to a magazine gig and you can only imagine my ear to ear grin when I realized it's a "bagets" styling gig. Actually, now that I think about it, I did do a few younger-themed styling stuff but they're mostly (or perhaps all) for brands (Bench, BUM, Karimadon, etc etc). For this issue, I did two editorials; Beauty and the Beat(Music Muse) and Pretty Girls Rock. I'd be posting how the beauty ed came out at the magazine followed by a much clearer photo (the ones sent to me to verify credits)


Beauty and the Beat is all about icon inspirations from chart-topping gals at Spotify. Starting of with Ariana Grande



Dress from Karimadon, earrings by Christopher Munar

Get ready for Riri!!!




Earrings and neck-piece by Christopher Munar
Here's Ellie Goulding!!!


Earrings by Christopher Munar, dress from Karimadon

Lastly, it's Carly Rae Jepsen.


Earrings by Christopher Munar, hand-painted bib from Alzano, dress from Karimadon
Next beauty ed is Pretty Girls Rock. Four girls from different music genres gets "kikay-fied". It's a shame, though, that I didn't hear any of them sing or "break out into song" during the photo-shoot, ha ha ha!!! First up is indie-girl Kai Honassan.

Earrings and cuff, Alzano

Remember Mojo Fly? Then you probably know Lougee Basabas.

Earrings by Em Mariano, ring from Alzano, dress from Karimadon

Next is Cebuana beauty Thara Jordana.

Earrings and necklace by Christopher Munar

Make way for jazzy, indie-folk singer Patricia Gomez.


Necklace by Christopher Munar

There you have it!!! A "bagets" beauty ed from Chalk Magazine. Be sure you get a copy for yourself 'coz there's a lot more in the magazine, specially if you plan to hit the beach this summer. Tons of style suggestions for you girls.

BY THE WAY, check out the ALZANO pieces that my collaborator Tiff Jingco did for this editorial. All of them are hand-made/painted, and yes, she is taking orders.

Beauty and the Beat (Music Muse)

Beauty editor; Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro
Photography; Ian Castañares
Styling; Nio Manzano
Assisted by John Sherwynn Chan
Makeup; Archie Tolentino
Hairstyle; George Aliben for Kiehls
Model; Amra of Reco Modeling Agency

Pretty Girls Rock
Beauty editor; Michelle Katigbak-Alejandro
Photography; Ian Castañares
Styling; Nio Manzano
Assisted by John Sherwynn Chan
Make-up; Al De Leon for MAC Cosmetics (Lougee and Patricia), and Carla Avanceña (Thara and Kai)
Hairstyle; George Aliben for Kiehls (Patricia, Kai, and Thara) and Helen Egan for L'oreal (Lougee)

No comments:

Post a Comment