Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Finding My Corner Of The Sky; Reblogged from Facebook, June 2013

This was a blog I did last June on my Facebook page. It's part of my 2013 highlights, and I can't help but feel a little bit petty because of the small stuff that's been bothering me this past few weeks. Not surprisingly, though, is that this entry is still very significant now that I just decided to copy paste the whole thing to THIS blog.

And with that said, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!! Copy pasted article after the jump.

Putting this out in the universe, so that everyone who reads this becomes witness.

THIS YEAR has been PHENOMENAL to me. Even though it started rocky, to the point of me considering giving up styling all together and really thinking of taking a desk-job (THANK YOU LORD FOR NOT ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!!!). I have been tried, pushed, pulled, stepped on, insulted, maligned, and been made a fool of, but Glory to God, look at where I am now!!! If you asked me 6-7 years ago what it was that I wanted to do with my life, you'd get... nothing. I haven't figured out even at THAT age what I wanted to be "when I grow up". And this is not to say that I am already a made-man... no way. I've a lot of things to still learn and do and PROVE. And like what I've always said to our interns... gratitude will get you places, flattery will get you nowhere.
For Metro Weddings. Photography by Edward Byron Yap
For Good Morning Club, TV (what to wear on a job interview)
For Good Morning Club, TV5 (LIVE interview, for pregnancy style and fashion)
I am grateful to my Creator for taking care of me always. For pointing me to the right direction. For bringing me and TO ME people who are sincere in helping me be a better me. Thank You Lord because in all the doubts I've thrown Your way, You've proven Yourself FAITHFUL to me even though time and again, I have doubted and even at times, be-little You. Thank You for being a Friend Who always listens, a Father Who always reprimands and corrects and provides, and a God Who I believe in, worship, and adore.

This year, I hope to go on a mini missions' trip as a token of my gratitude. I've no idea where, or when, or even for how long and how. And even though for some, it may seem like just lip service, I'd still want to do it (and that's why I posted it so that there will be people who'd remind me about THIS PART). It's not for self gratification, but a gesture of gratitude. Please pray with me where He'll take me, and even for what it's going to be. I've done mission trips and outreaches before... so I'm praying that it's just going to be like riding a bike; you never unlearn it.

I believe and other people confirm to me that I am already where I'm meant to be. Thank you, guys, for believing in me and praying for me always. THIS is my "mission field". And to my home church, the International Charismatic Service in Mandaluyong, thank you always for welcoming me every time I come to church. Minsan, nakakahiya na nga because I miss a lot of services, but collectively, you've shown your love and support for me, and I love you for that.

And to all my "fashion" moms and dads, brothers and sisters (directors, designers, stylists, prod crew, models, etc, etc)... thank you... for the knowledge you have imparted. For the sweet memories during photo shoots, runway shows, t.v. appearances, etc, etc. For never being stingy with imparting what you know to me, and for always thinking about me whenever I am needed, or just plainly because you want to hang out and talk. I am forever grateful to you all. Here's hoping that those "bullies" out there will finally shut up and just enjoy the "show". And rest assured, I got your back.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment